Mark Twain on Challenge

"Twenty years from now you will be more dissapointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Countdown to January 2nd!

December 22, 2009
So- preparations are underway for the January 2nd start date. Why the 2nd and not the 1st you ask? Because the 1st is the Rose Bowl Game and I did not want to sabotage myself right out of the gate. That is a big football party day in my life- and I knew I would not be able to eat cleanly that day no matter what I might want to write here. So, I will root for the Ohio State Buckeyes and eat as smartly as I can that day... and begin my onslaught om my personal health the next day.
I plan to begin with a detox of sorts- don't panic, it is not the grapefruit diet or anything crazy. I am going to follow a 21 day plan that is laid out for me in the special collector's issue of Oxygen Magazine that was put out this month. Titled: Off the Couch- Motivation for Real Women. So, on page 33 there is a three week meal plan. Check it out: http://www.oxygenmag.com/  I am even going to eat fish. Yes, me- the kid who covered up her fish with spaghettios in an attempt to hide it from view. I really hate fish... ok, hate is a strong word. I am desperate and it is good for me so I will eat it. I will drink inhuman amounts of water and I will not have sugar. Arg! I don't have a personal chef, so I will have to get these healthy foods at my neighborhood Trader Joe's. How convenient! It is a good thing that my wife is a good cook- she is even willing to make the stuff up for me in advance since I work retail hours on a schedule that is not conducive to eating normal meals at all.
I also think Santa is bringing me a gym membership to Planet Fitness! So, that will give me controlled times on the treadmill for the 3 weeks I am detoxing... (read- withdrawing)
That is that... i will post as I am laying out the groundwork for this to happen.
I am now going to take a nap since I am home sick... guess it is better to get this out of the way now. sigh.
Shea

No comments:

Post a Comment