Mark Twain on Challenge

"Twenty years from now you will be more dissapointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

T-Minus 4 Days...

Ok, so t-minus 4 days until the smackdown begins. :) I am trying to compile my finalized option for going about all of this. I am thinking about following the Body for Life plan again and Julia suggested following Weight Watchers. I am not a meetings kind of chick- so, I think I will follow the portion control idea of WW and do the workouts in the BFL plan. I know that I will start with drinking a lot of water. I am the WORST at drinking water. I would rather have anything but water most of the time. Usually, that means a sugary soda or fruit drink loaded with calories. I got a couple of nifty new water bottles for Christmas so now I have no excuses. ( I am sure I will find some, but really I shouldn't) I have some lime juice in the fridge and I will get some lemon juice as well and then I can flavor without adding sugar. The biggest challenge for me will be the caffeine factor. I have gotten away from drinking a lot of diet soda- kinda. I am just a coffe hound. So, back I go to coffee without sugar. I will be able to have a bit of creamer if I add the points. :)
The next step for me is getting off of my arse and moving. Now, I move a lot at work. I am never sitting in one place. I haul heavy boxes and unload trucks and run like a chicken with my head chopped off. But, the second I get home I am consumed by the couch. Granted, I have a plethora of creatures waiting to take up residence on the couch (or better yet, my lap) with me. However, I have a Chuck Norris gym in my basement which is taking up space and not being used for anything else. I have just about every fitness game for Wii that is made. I just have no motivation. I can come up with a million reasons as to why I can not exercise. Right now the excuse is that it is -4 degrees outside. (i think that is a legit reason not to exercise) (OUTSIDE) Arg. See the problem? :)
I am going to have to go the garage and hunt down my Body for Life book. More importantly, my BFL journal... that was a good one. So, stay tuned fearless followers! (4 so far! yea!) This ride is just getting off the ground!

3 comments:

  1. Okay...so I thought about another possible motivation factor...and this one is a little deep, but here goes. KIDS! They take a lot of energy. Better to get in shape now so that in the future you will be good to go! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me as #5. Saw your post on FB and have been following your blog in my Google Reader. I totally relate to the challenges that you are talking about...and am enjoying your posts. Wishing you the best on your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha, Buddy! You are right... but I will be way buff by then. :)
    Hiya Rox! Thanks for reading! I will hopefully keep you entertained as I get off my duff end. :)

    ReplyDelete