Mark Twain on Challenge

"Twenty years from now you will be more dissapointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Friday, January 1, 2010

Here we go...

So, I joined up at Weight Watcher's online. I have to track everything I eat and my lovely wife is going to figure out how many points I am wasting. ( I mean eating. :) ) i am not used to doing such things but we will give it a go. I am going to rely on Julia to pack up my lunch and snacks for a bit. (ok, she usually does. What am I thinking? ) I am really just using this weight watcher thing as a way to control portion sizes and look for healthy alternatives to things I like to eat.
Tomorrow, I will start at 5:15 am-ish with some oatmeal and a serving of OJ. I am going to take my multivitamin, vitamin D, flax oil, and pack up a big water bottle. I am going to bring a glass of water to bed so I can sip all night and finish it off before I hop into the shower. I have to work at 6am and I am there until 4pm so I will not get any cardio in until I get home. I plan to walk for 30 minutes (unless I am snowblowing) at some point before we leave for Framingham around 7pm. We are going to go see a band out there.
I am going to join the gym this week and I will be following the workout plan from the Biggest Loser. I was lucky enough to pick up the Biggest Loser game for Wii tonight. :) I will be loading that into the old Wii tomorrow. I am going to alternate between that and Wii Fit and Wii Active. I have lots to help me keep track of how often I am exercising and how much I am losing.
More than anything, I hope to just become more fit. I am tired of being tired. I would like to be "athletic" again. I don't care what the scale says- I just want to feel good. I want my orange Mountain Hardwear jacket to fit. :) I am a Libra- I am vain... kinda. :)
So- I have tomato soup, with multigrain crackers, pineapple fruit cup, and a cheese stick for lunch tomorrow. Actually, I am going to use the cheese stick and half the crackers as a snack. I am going to drink nothing but water while I am working. Wish me luck!
I am now off to bed since I have to be up before 5am.

No comments:

Post a Comment