Mark Twain on Challenge

"Twenty years from now you will be more dissapointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Many hours of working out lie before me...

Just kidding. I know that I can't put all of my missed workouts into one day but I am going to do a bigger one today to get back into the groove. I went to the gym yesterday for the first time. I did the treadmill for 25 minutes at varying speeds and elevations. I did not run though- since I have not designed that sucker suit quite yet. I figure that walking at a good clip at a higher incline was just as good as me trying to run. I stayed in the nifty little fat burning heart rate zone and called it a day. Then I did ab work. Oblique twists, crunches, lower back presses and lat pull downs. I am trying to get my core stronger so that my back stops hurting. Today, I have some Biggest Loser workouts to catch up on and then I am going to go to the gym for the cardio bit. I may do the bike and the treadmill- we will see how it goes. I have still been eating clean. The other night at work- ( i have been working the overnight shift at work- that has sure messed up this week) they ordered pizza. I had some of my lentil chips and salsa instead. I was impressed. Boy, did I want that pizza though. That is one of my favorite foods. Julia said that she would figure out how to make me one that was weight watcher friendly. :) That is why I love her. (amongst everything else I love about her!) Since we did a complete overhaul of the store including tearing down and rebuilding entire sections of shelving I recon I got my workouts in... even if it wasn't at a gym. :) Alright, so if I can stay away from back injury- I should be back on track. I have to weigh in tomorrow again- yikes. So, I will keep you all posted. Have a good Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment