Mark Twain on Challenge

"Twenty years from now you will be more dissapointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Two days in and going strong!

Hello there fearless readers- here is my post from the flip side... I am two days into my smackdown and things are going well. I worked out last night with my Biggest Loser Wii game. I am going to tell you right now, that thing kicked my butt. Wow. I mean really. I must be the most out of shape lug on the planet because a video game kicked my arse. Sigh. All day long today I remembered how it kicked me cause my quads screamed everytime I bent down. Which I had to often today trust me. I have eaten cleaner in the last two days than I have in months. (that is kinda sad- just saying) I hope that I can keep it up. Temptation is REALLY hard for me to ignore. I have instantaneous gratification disorder when it comes to sweets. Then, just to add insult- Girl Scout cookie ordering season is here. Thin Mints are my *favorite* and I have to say no. Really, no. Now, Julia will tell me that I can have some- I will just have to deduct the "points". What she fails to understand is that I eat them a sleeve at a time. That is like a hundred points I am sure. I only get like 31 a day, so I would have to fast for like a week after that. We all know better than that- so I will have to abstain from the Girl Scout cookies for this year until my will power improves. *arg!*
Tonight for dinner we had a yummy meatloaf with green beans and mashed potatoes. The whole thing was only 8 points! It was good. (and healthy) I will post the recipies of what we are making if anyone wants to know. :)
I am getting ready to workout again tonight. It is like 3 degrees outside with a windchill and snow. That makes working out outside not an option. As I get older my tolerance for cold goes down... especially in my toes and fingertips. I am looking forward to either the thaw, or some significant snow so I can bust out the snowshoes. Ok, so that is it. I am exercising, eating not junk food, drinking tons of water and trying to be good. I am going to try to figure out how to get a picture on here so I can get a "before" picture up. More soon!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh...girl scout cookies...we feel your pain Buddy! Sounds like it's going good so far though. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete